The Art of Gardening
Art, Plants and Circus performers! THE POINT has it all! THE POINT CDC Is a community center that has spent the last 25 years seamlessly combining Culture, The Arts , Environmental Justice , and Youth Development in order to bring out the best in our community. We see our community members as our best assets and Teen Arts Week is a wonderful opportunity to show off our talents and programs through workshops and presentations.
Participants who visit our space will have an opportunity to take a look at how nature has always inspired the art world.
We will hold the following workshops
- on how to use natural pigments to create watercolor pop art,
- leaf stencils
- visitors will be given the opportunity to plant basil leaf cuttings to grow at home.
- In our theater space:
- we will have a presentation on the long history of arts intersection with nature,
- a panel of women in the arts and how the arts have been used as a tool to fight for the environment.
- a circus skills workshop! Learn to juggle, ball walk and tight rope with the best instructors The Bronx has to offer!
The Bronx, NY 10474
Free events at arts organizations in all five boroughs
Open to every teen 14+
• Filmmaking & visual arts workshops
• Music & poetry open mics
• Drama & theater workshops
• Drop-in dance classes
• Workshops in maximizing the arts
in college applications
• Career exploration with young
media & arts professionals
• Summer arts internship opportunities
and so much more!
Who can participate?
All NYC teens 14+ with a valid school ID
I’m an educator. Can I bring student groups?
Yes! Educators are encouraged to bring student groups to Teen Arts Week events, both during and after regular school hours.
Are you a teen, a parent, an educator? Explore dozens of
events and sign up at 92Y.org/TeenArtsWeek.